The Law no 29/2012, issued on the 9th of August, to support the investment of foreign entrepreneurs, brings to Portugal a new programme of residence permit also known as Golden Visa or ARI.
The main goal is to attract foreign investment to Portugal, and any citizen outside the European Union may apply, being the application a straight forward process. The idea is to inject capital in any real estate property, derivates or creating 10 jobs.Benefits of a Golden Visa in Portugal
- This type of permit, allows the holder to enter and stay in Portugal for a period of 5 years, which increases the actual period foreseen for non residents ( 90 days ).
- Allows the holder to travel in the Schengen Area (Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Island, Italy, Leetonia, Republic of Latvia, Check Republic, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Nederland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden e Switzerland).
- After a period of 5 years, the Golden Visa permit allows the holder to apply for a permanent residence permit.
- A minimum period of 183 days of residence in Portugal is not a requirement for the application of its renewal.
- The holder may request the family regrouping (husband/spouse, children aged under 18 and adult dependent relatives carrying out his/her studies)